Urethane foam is ideal to insulate:
- The inside of foundation walls
- The outside of foundation walls (below ground)
- The end joists between each floor
- The ceiling (through the attic)
- The floor of a cantilevered room
In your future property, adding urethane foam in strategic locations could result in significant heating savings.
Urethane foam is an excellent insulation material. It offers excellent thermal performance while being cost-effective.
Urethane foam is ideal for insulation and soundproofing. Urethane foam is a type of insulation material that can be used for many purposes, including insulating heating and cooling systems in homes.
It can also be used in commercial buildings because it has good acoustic performance, making them more energy efficient than traditional materials like concrete or brick.
Here are some of the advantages of choosing sprayed urethane:
- Has a superior value;
- Behaves as air and vapour barriers;
- Provides continuous insulation due to lack of joints;
- With frightening efficiency to avoid thermal bridges;
- Offers high adhesion even with irregular shapes;
- Provides increased protection against mould;
- Provides effective protection against radon;
- This product is very strong, it does not crush or crumble;
- Odourless product;
- Can be used on different materials such as concrete, gypsum, steel, or wood.
Indoor air quality and comfort
Above all, a well-insulated house will be watertight and airtight, ensuring:
- Fewer drafts;
- A more homogeneous indoor temperature, summer and winter;
- An adequate level of humidity inside;
- A mould-free indoor environment—you will benefit from healthier indoor air in all seasons and a home without cold zones in winter, providing you and your family with unparalleled comfort! Urethane foam not only insulates; it also makes surfaces airtight;
- The amount of energy required to produce enough polyurethane insulation for a single home pays for itself in just one year thanks to the insulation provided;
- Polyurethane insulation with a thickness of 1.6 cm can be as effective as a concrete wall with a thickness of 1.34 metres;
- Since the introduction of polyurethanes in refrigerators, today’s class A++ models are 60% more efficient than the refrigerators of 15 years ago.
Urethane application reviews
ECHO Construction’s expertise helped us to apply urethane foam for insulation. The whole process went smoothly and easily with great customer service from their professionals! I would definitely recommend them in any future projects you may have on your hands.